Address: Lansdown View, 30a Lansdown, Stroud, GL5 1BG
Telephone: 01453 886630
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Identity Data including first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title.
- Contact Data including your business email address, business telephone number (including mobile number, business address).
- Details of the correspondence (including e-mail correspondence) you send and receive from us: this includes letters and emails, and other electronic communication.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- you engage with us during the course of our relationship with you or the business you work for including in receipt of services from us;
- you use our website including when you complete a web form to ask us to contact you or you sign up to an email alert with us;
- you communicate with us regarding our website to ask a question, report a problem or for any other reason; and raise a query, complaint, claim, legal dispute on behalf of yourself or the business you work for.
- we may collect your personal data from the business you work for, for example when they:
- give us your business email address, so that we can contact you in order to deliver services
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Companies House;
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to our website or this policy
- Administer and protect our business and our website including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing
- Measure and analyse the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you
- Gather analysis or valuable information and monitor trends so we can improve our website
- Deal with your queries or complaints, claims, legal disputes or raise queries, claims, legal disputes or complaints with you or the business you work for
- Enter into and perform contracts, where we are supplying services to you
We may share this information with energy suppliers, network operators, metering agents and other industry related individuals as appropriate to you specific business needs.
Under certain circumstances we may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court/tribunal or a government agency), regulators, law enforcement agencies, security services, insurers.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by calling: 01453886630, emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at: Lansdown View, 30a Lansdown, Stroud, GL5 1BG
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We will not retain your personal data for longer than as is necessary for the purposes for which it has been obtained set out in this Privacy Notice and only then for as long as there is any risk of a potential claim, which will be dependent upon the limitation period for the particular type of claim.
Various laws, accounting and regulatory requirements applicable to us also require us to retain certain records for specific amounts of time. In relation to your personal data, we will hold this only for so long as we require that personal information for legal or regulatory reasons or for legitimate organisational purposes. We will not keep your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collect them.
Our Data Retention Privacy Notice sets out the length of time we will usually retain personal data and where these default periods might be changed; you can request a copy of our Data Retention Privacy Notice by using the details set out in the CONTACT US section below.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com or call 01453 886630 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by calling: 01453 886630, emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Lansdown View, 30a Lansdown, Stroud, GL5 4RA
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk